Join Artistic Portland Gallery
- Fill out our Online Application which will be reviewed by our Jury Team. You will hear from us within 1-2 business days whether or not a Jury date will be set for you.
- If you are invited to jury, detailed information will be sent to you regarding how many pieces to bring and how to showcase your work. You will present your work to the Jury Team for about 5-10 minutes, after which there will be a short Q and A session.
- The Result: The Jury Team will vote, and you will hear within a few days whether you will be invited to become a member of Artistic Portland Gallery and PACT.
Who We Are
In early 2013 a group of Oregon-Washington Handmade Vendors got together and created Portland Artisans Co-Op Team (PACT). PACT members own and operate Artistic Portland Gallery. We are a member-driven co-op business comprised of member Artists and Artisans who are supported by the work of an elected Board & additional Committees. All Artists share the responsibility of working in the store, paying dues, and contributing to committees. We have developed several membership levels to choose from in order to meet a variety of the members Artists' needs.
Membership Levels*: Shifts are 4 hours each
- Level 0: $37/mo, 6 shifts
- Level 1: $75/mo, 4 shifts
- Level 2: $112/mo, 3 shifts
- Level 3: $150/mo, 2 shifts
- Level 4: $187/mo, 1 shift
- Level 5: &225/mo, 0 shifts
* Note that some shifts may not be available at the time you join. Within 2 months of joining APG you may have an opportunity to change levels depending on availability.
In addition to working shifts, each member must offer a minimum of 6 hours of work per month to various committees (or Teams) in order to keep the gallery running and successful. The committee opportunities include but are not limited to the following:
- Accounting /Bookkeeping
- Advertising/Marketing/Social Media/Design/Website
- Computer Skills
- Member Liason
- Event Planning
- Gallery Design
- Office Organizing, Ordering
- Jury Team
For all levels of membership, 75% of sales proceeds go to the Artist, and 25% is kept by the gallery for expenses and maintenance.
The Portland Artisans' Co-Op Team (PACT) is an organization dedicated to creating a venue for local members of PACT to sell their products. As a secondary mission of PACT we support each other as artists, encouraging each other to be better artists and helping each other learn and grow. PACT Members are those participating in Artistic Portland Gallery.